Basics of SEO
Search engine optimization (SEO) is optimizing a website’s internal and external features to increase the traffic generated by search engines. The majority of websites are designed to inform visitors about a company, generate leads, or sell a product or service.
In 2010 approximately 96% of all web traffic was generated from the three major search engines: Google, Bing, and Yahoo. Knowing this, if your website isn’t being located by search engines, you're missing valuable leads every day.
How Does SEO Work?
Search engines are continually crawling web pages, jumping from link to link and analyzing traffic statistics for millions of websites. During this process, they extract text from your site which they ultimately use in search results to get the correct people to your site.
However, if your site isn't providing the correct language to the search engines, the search engines aren't steering the correct customers to your site.
The magic of search engine optimization is bridging the gap between your website and the search engines so you receive exactly the customers you want.
Every website we develop includes these basic SEO features:
- Robots.txt and sitemap.xml file
- Google Analytics and Webmaster tools
- Fields to customize page titles, urls, alt tags and meta tags
Our more extensive SEO packages include:
- Target market and current ranking results
- Competitive keyword analysis
- Content review and keyword integration
- Incoming link and “nofollow” review
- Linkbuilding campaigns
- Research and backlink strategy generation
- Generation of all META data text
- Image - ALT and Title tags
- Sitemap submission
- SEO for social media, blogs and articles
- Continuous monitoring of your SEO